WudfRd driver failed to load, you would have come across this error when you try to upgrade to Windows 10 which is because of the drivers incompatibility. Actually, this is what happens when you update to Windows 10, the drivers are overwritten by the Microsoft drivers which cause a conflict and this is why the error occurs. Also, there is one more cause that is the Windows Driver Foundation. In this, if the User-mode Driver Framework service is not started or is disabled, it may cause the WudfRd driver failed to load error. But it can be easily fixed in case of Windows Driver Foundation, just simply by starting the service and settings its startup to Automatic seems to fix the problem.
It has an Event ID 219, is a common error and is usually relater to USB Drivers. It happens in the case when a plug and play device driver(that is USB drivers or external port drivers) on your system failing due to the malfunctioning of the device or the device Drivers. In this article, we gonna see about the related fixes for this error.
How to fix WudfRd Driver Failed to Load Error
Method 1: Check your Windows version updates
- Launch your Windows >> Press Widows key+I, it will navigate you to the setting page. Then select Updates and Security. You may use start menu >> Select settings gear icon doing this also navigate you to the settings page.
- Under the Updates and Security option, click on Windows update that is available on the left side menu. Then select Check for updates. This is done for making sure to install any pending updates.
- Once the updates are installed, reboot your PC. This will fix the Driver WudfRd failed to load error.
Method 2: Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Service
- Press Windows Key + R and type service.msc and then click OK.
- A list of service files will appear. Search for Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service then right-click on it and go to its properties.
- Change its Startup type to Automatic and click Start >> then OK.
- After that Reboot your PC to save changes. This will fix the Driver WudfRd failed to load error. If it still occurs, don’t worry, we have another method to solve this.
Method 3: Hard Disk Hibernation Disabling
- Right-click on Power icon (that is the battery icon at the right of the taskbar) and select Power Options.
- This will navigate you to the Choose or customize a power plan page and now Select the Change Plan Settings.
- Now select Change advanced power settings.
- Then Expand Hard disk and expand Turn off hard disk after.
- Edit the On battery and plugged in Settings.
- Type never in both and save it for both the settings by clicking OK.
- After that Reboot your PC to save changes. This will fix the Driver WudfRd failed to load error.
You may also read about How to Fix MMC Could not Create the Snap-in Error
That’s it you have now successfully fixed the Driver WudfRd failed to load error. If one method fails to work, don’t fed up, just try the next method. We have provided you with all the possible working methods to solve this error. If you still have any queries or any doubts, kindly comment below, we will respond you as soon as possible.